October 29, 2017 Speaker: Pastor Paul Thompson Series: Unexpected: The surprising nature of the Kingdom of God
Topic: Special Sunday Verse: Ephesians 2:8–2:9
October 31, 1517, Martin Luther posted the 95 Theses on the door of the castle church in Wittenberg, Germany.
Martin Luther condemned:
1. religious leaders for abuse of authority
2. the church in general for the abuse of materialism
3. the abuse of the system known as indulgences
Some Reformation ideas that are still relevant today:
1. Nothing should hinder people from worship
2. Public Education - everyone would be able to read and understand the Bible
3. Money/or lack of money should no affect your ability to worship
4. The Bible is our final authority for all matters of life, doctrine, and conduct - we put ourselves under the Scriptures
5. We are saved by Grace through Faith (Eph. 2:8-9)
More in Unexpected: The surprising nature of the Kingdom of God
November 19, 2017How can we share the incarnational love of Jesus with the world?
November 12, 2017A Tale of Two Cities
November 5, 2017Us Vs Them?