Remember God's Word
January 5, 2014 Speaker: Series: My Ebenezer
Topic: Beliefs Verse: Matthew 7:24–7:27
“Remember God’s Word”
Pastor Duane Cross | 01.05.14
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” Matthew 7:24-27 (NLT)
I. IS THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE?
1. The Bible in the O.T. makes 3 dozen references to an enemy nation of God’s people called the Hittite.
2. The Bible mentions that a man named Belshazar was King of Babylon.
3. The Bible talks about David.
4. The Bible talks about a man named Joshua blowing trumpets and blowing down the walls of Jericho.
II. IS THE BIBLE INSPIRED?
1. There are 191 prophecies in the O.T. made about Jesus Christ.
2. The prophet Isaiah in the O.T. writing in 700 B.C. names Cyrus as the king who will command the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.
3. The O.T. book of Ezekiel predicted in 592 B.C. that the city of Tyre would be utterly destroyed and no city would ever be built on the land again.
“No prophecy ever came from what a person wanted to say, but people led by the Holy Spirit spoke words from God.” 2 Peter 1:21
III. IS THE BIBLE LIFE CHANGING?
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
1. Get a Bible.
2. Get into it.
3. Get your questions answered.