Three Stories of Amazing Grace
Topic: Hope that stands in the storm Verse: Acts 16:11–16:31
"The Lord opended her heart..." (v. 14)
The Slave Girl
Jesus found me. "Paul became so annoyed...said to the spirit.."
Hopelessness. "Believe i nthe Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."
Questions for reflection and group discussion:
1) Re-read the stories of the three people we meet in Philippi, starting in Acts 16:13-34. What stands out to you about Lydia? The Slave Girl? The Jailer?
2) In the message we looked at how Lydia was seeking, the Slave Girl was held captive, and the Jailer was numb. Does any part of your story connect with any of their stories in any way? How?
3) Can you think of people in your life that might be similar to some of the characters in this week's passage? How might you be able to walk with them and show the heart of Jesus to them in their story?
4) What's your story? How has an encounter with Jesus changed your story?
5) Who can you think of to share your story with this week?