Journey Through The Wall
Topic: General Verse: Genesis 22:1–22:15
St. John of the Cross (1542-1591)
Wrote Dark Night of the Soul
During the Dark Night:
- God prepares us to have a higher degree of love for Him, and with Him.
- God purges our pallet where the things of the world don’t taste as good anymore.
- God, and the things of God, starts to taste very good.
LORD, bring me closer to you no matter what the consequences are.
Genesis 22:1-15 — Abraham and Isaac
Stages of Faith:
1) Life changing awareness of God
2) Discipleship (Learning)
3) The Active Life (Serving)
THE WALL - THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL
4) Journey Inward
5) Journey Outward (from my inner life)
6) Transformed into Love
My Will vs God’s Will
More in Emotionally Healthy Spirituality
April 2, 2017Developing A “Rule Of Life”
March 26, 2017Grow Into An Emotionally Mature Adult
March 19, 2017Discover The Rhythms Of The Daily Office And Sabbath