Play to Your Strengths
May 18, 2014 Speaker: Series: Unleashing Hope
Topic: Unleashing Hope Verse: 1 Corinthians 12:11–12:11
50 Days of Unleashing Hoper
“Play to Your Strengths”
Pastor Duane Cross | 05.18.14
Discovering & Developing Your Spiritual Gifts Foundational Questions:
1) What is a Spiritual Gift?
“A spiritual gift is a God given ability that enables a Christian to function in God’s family with 3 things - ease, efficiency, and a sense of accomplishment.” (Chuck Swindoll)
2) Does every Christian have at least one gift?
“As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another.” 1 Corinthians 12:11 3)
What does the Bible teach about Spiritual Gifts?
Nine Summary Principles
1. Every Christian has at least one gift.
2. Only believers have spiritual gifts.
3. No one receives all of the gifts.
4. No single gift is given to everyone.
5. The Holy Spirit decides what gifts I get.
6. The gifts I’m given are permanent.
7. I am to discover/deploy the gifts God gives me.
8. An unused gift will result in a wasted life.
9. Using my gifts honors God and grows me.
4) What are the benefits of Spiritual Gifts?
5) How do I get started using my gifts?
Step #1: Dedicate my life to Christ.
Step #2: Eliminate any distractions.
Step #3: Evaluate my areas of giftedness.
Step #4: Activate my gifts by starting to serve.