The Mary Miracle
December 25, 2011 Speaker: Series: Does Christ Belong in Christmas?
Topic: Advent and Christmas Verse: Luke 1:26–1:38
DOES CHRIST BELONG IN X-MAS?
“The Mary Miracle”
Pastor Duane Cross | 12.25.2011
“In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’”
“Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.’”
“’How will this be,’” Mary asked the angel, “’since I am a virgin?’”
“The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God.’”
“’I am the Lord’s servant,’” Mary answered. ‘May it be to me as you have said.’” Then the angel left her.” (Luke 1:26-38) THE MIRACLE MARY
1) The Son of God will come alive in Mary...
2) The Son of God who is alive in Mary will grow in her...
3) The Son of God who comes alive in Mary and grows in her shall come forth from her and His name will be called Jesus...
And the Son of God who is in her and grows in her, and comes from her, he will radically change the world around her.
“He shall be great.” (verse 32)
“For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.” (1Peter 1:23)
I. GOD’S Grace is within us.
* The angel went to her and said, ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’” (Luke 1:28)
* God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense
* You are blessed, favored, graced, and God has chosen you.
II. GOD’S eyes are upon
* God knows where you live.
* The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.”
“HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS"