Serve The Church Day
February 4, 2017
7:45am – 12:00pm
Location: 1770 S Dobson Rd., Chandler, AZ 85286
Help us beautify our church building & grounds by signing up to volunteer for our Serve The Church Day on Saturday, February 4, from 8AM 'til 12PM. Lunch will be provided for all.
Childcare availability will be determined by the number of Children's Ministry volunteer sign-ups.
Please call us at (480) 899-7255 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. Looking forward to see you at Hope!
Here is a summary of the groups & tasks involved:
Outdoor tasks (TLC teams leading)
HARD WORK (Heavy lifting)
10-15+ people to help clear out landscape debris from back lot. Tasks include clearing trees with chainsaws & trimmers, moving cut debris to dumpster, cutting dumpster pieces into smaller more manageable pieces, loading into dumpster.
5-10 people to clear smaller areas using trimmers & lopers and raking up including areas under mesquite tree along North wall in parking lot, and children’s playground & behind it.
Guidelines for Outdoor workers:
- Report as early as 7:45am, if possible.
- Long sleeve shirts and pants suggested. Mesquite & Palo Verde trees have thorns!
- Full covered feet REQUIRED (NO FLIP FLOPS etc.)
- Bring gloves if you have them.
- Any extra chainsaws & trimmers would be beneficial.
Please contact The Landscape Team (TLC) thru Jill Nordstrom at email@example.com.
WALL PAINTING (Adults only):
Contact Pastor Paul
- 2-3 people to repaint the Junior & Senior High Rooms
- 3-4 people to prep & paint the exterior fence around the children's play area
- 2 people to repair & paint slats in the dumpster gates
- 5-10 people
- Clean/ change aircon filters.
- Replace busted lights outdoors.
- Replace busted lights indoors: sanctuary, restrooms, hallways, offices, youth & children's rooms
- Clear out mini-mobile of items no longer used
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY AREA (Childcare availability TBD):
- Childcare volunteers
- Clean out cabinets
- Dust off furniture
- Wipe little tables & chairs
- 2-3 people to clean up the kitchen. Tasks include cleaning the refrigerator & freezer, cabinets, organizing stuff in drawers (taking out those that are no longer used).
- 2-3 people to clean/ organize the office areas.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER