Navajo Mission Trip #35
September 7, 2016 to September 10, 2016
Location: 823 Mission Lane, Holbrook, AZ 86025Category: Missions
200,000 Navajo are in need of a personal relationship with Jesus...
Join us in bringing them Hope!
The Navajo are a deeply religious and prayerful people. They believe that the purpose of life is to live in harmony with nature and the Creator. Yet very few (approximately 7%) know the true Creator or have heard the voice of the loving Shepherd (John 10:11).
The Navajo people settled in the southwestern U.S. over 1,000 years ago. They are a peaceloving people who value relationships over material things. They care for their lands, livestock and their families, clans and tribe.
Today the Navajo face extremely high unemployment (50%) which contributes to many personal and family struggles. Since our first trip in 2005, God has blessed us with many close Navajo friends at Living Water Bible Church, NAOMI House, and the Holbrook Pentecostal Church of Christ. Our partnership with them is focused primarily on their spiritual, emotional, and relational needs by pointing them to Jesus.
“I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.” (John 10:16)
Help us bring Hope to the…
Annual Native American Pastors Conference
Holbrook Pentecostal Church of God
Pastor Jerry & Phyllis Keams, Holbrook Pentecostal Church of God in Holbrook, AZ, host the Native American Pastors Training Conference each year. Experienced pastors teach Bible classes on the following topics: Systematic Theology, Introduction to the Old Testament, Introduction to the New Testament, Basics in Bible Interpretation and Church History 1 & 2. In addition, experts teach practical classes on the following topics: Preaching, Soul Care (Counseling), Church Systems, Church Models of Ministry and Vocational Excellence (how to care for yourself). Hope Covenant Church provides: logistics support, the children’s program while parents are in class/ worship, help prepare/ serve three meals/ day, provide interior/ exterior cleaning and facility minor repairs.
How much the Navajo need the loving Shepherd who gave His life for His sheep! Only He can bring full restoration, hope, and peace. Please join us in bringing Hope to Native American People living on or near the Navajo Nation!
WHY DO WE GO TO THE NAVAJO?
• God called us to go - in 2005.
• Help with spiritual, emotional, and physical needs through prayer, worship, building relationships, Bible training and various projects.
• Deepen our own spiritual relationship with God.
• Further educate Hope Covenant Church in cross cultural ministries.
• Develop a heart for Native American people.
Sept. 7 : Meet at 12:30 pm, Depart at 1:00 pm Hope Covenant Church, Chandler
Sept. 10 : Depart Holbrook, AZ at 11:00 am
WHAT WE'LL BE DOING
• Provide a program for the children during evening worship (Sept. 7, 8, and 9)
• Interior/ exterior cleaning and minor repairs
• Help prepare & serve meals to the conference participants
• Team worship & devotional times
$120/ adult, maximum cost is $200 per household. Please make checks payable to Hope Covenant Church and specify Navajo Trip # 35 in the memo line.
NOTE: The cost of this trip is a tax-deductible gift. Scholarships are available if finances are a problem.
What does the trip cost cover?
All the ministry materials/supplies, food for meals, and gas reimbursements for drivers.
Super8 Motel in Holbrook, AZ - included in trip cost.
Can You Drive?
Gas reimbursements are available for those who can drive.
SIGN ME UP!
1. Turn in money and completed forms to the church office no later than August 28, 2016. We need to make copies of these forms and use the funds to purchase supplies BEFORE we leave for the trip!
2. Scholarships. You must apply in writing and turn in your Scholarship Request Form to the church office no later than August 28, 2016. There are a limited number of scholarships available. Therefore, please fill out a Scholarship Request Form and provide 3-5 hours helping our team leaders prepare for this trip.
3. Attend the Team Informational Meeting (a must!) Sunday, Sept. 4, 12:30 pm, Room 28
Your attendance is required so that you will:
1) Learn important nuances of the Navajo culture,
2) Know what to bring and what NOT to bring,
3) Complete liability and insurance forms,
4) Understand what needs to be done before we leave,
5) Help set expectations and understand how each team member can best serve, and
6) Get acquainted with team members. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please arrange a time with the team leader to obtain essential information.